Are you a Sri Lankan traveler eagerly planning your next adventure to the mesmerizing land of Turkey? Well, buckle up and get ready for an exciting journey! The first step in realizing your dream is obtaining a Turkey visa – but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with this comprehensive step-by-step guide. From understanding the application process to navigating potential hurdles, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know. So grab your passport and let’s dive into this ultimate passport-stamping adventure! TURKEY VISA FROM SRI LANKA
Introduction to Turkey Visa from Sri Lanka
Turkey has become an increasingly popular tourist destination for Sri Lankan travelers, thanks to its rich history, diverse culture, and stunning landscapes. If you are planning to visit this beautiful country, you will need to obtain a Turkey visa before your trip.
In this section, we will provide you with all the necessary information about obtaining a Turkey visa from Sri Lanka. From the types of visas available to the application process and requirements, we’ve got you covered.
Types of Visas Available for Sri Lankan Citizens
There are three types of visas available for Sri Lankan citizens traveling to Turkey: Tourist Visa, Business Visa, and Transit Visa.
1. Tourist Visa – This type of visa is ideal for those who plan on visiting Turkey for tourism purposes such as sightseeing or visiting friends and family. The validity period of a tourist visa can be anywhere between 3 months to 1 year with a maximum stay duration of 90 days per visit.
2. Business Visa – This visa is suitable for individuals who wish to travel to Turkey for business-related activities such as attending conferences or meetings. The validity period of a business visa can range from 6 months to 5 years with multiple entries allowed within that period. TURKEY VISA FROM YEMEN
3. Transit Visa – A transit visa is required if you have a layover in Turkey on your way to another country and need to leave the airport during your stopover.
Why Visit Turkey?
Turkey is a country that has been drawing in visitors for centuries with its rich history, vibrant culture, and stunning landscapes. From the bustling streets of Istanbul to the tranquil beaches of Antalya, Turkey offers something for everyone. If you are planning a trip to this beautiful country from Sri Lanka, you may be wondering what makes it such a popular destination and why you should visit. In this section, we will dive into the top reasons why visiting Turkey should be on your travel bucket list.
1. Fascinating History and Culture:
One of the main draws of Turkey is its fascinating history and mix of cultures. As the former capital city of both the Byzantine and Ottoman empires, there are countless historical sites scattered throughout the country. From iconic landmarks like Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace in Istanbul to ancient ruins like Ephesus and Pergamon, history buffs will be in awe at every turn.
Apart from its impressive historical sites, Turkey also boasts a unique blend of Eastern and Western cultures due to its location between Europe and Asia. This can be seen in everything from its architecture to its cuisine, making it an intriguing place to explore for those interested in cultural immersion.
2. Breathtaking Landscapes:
Turkey’s diverse landscape is another reason to visit this beautiful country. It is home to stunning beaches along its Mediterranean and Aegean coasts as well as towering mountains like Mount Ararat. The Cappadocia region is famous for its otherworldly rock formations
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
Once you have determined which type of Turkey visa you need and have completed the online application, the next step is to gather all the necessary documents for your visa application. It is important to note that any missing or incomplete documents may result in a delay or rejection of your visa application, so it is crucial to carefully follow the list of required documents.
1. Valid Passport
The first and most important document you will need is a valid passport with at least six months validity from the date of entry into Turkey. Your passport should also have at least two blank pages for entry and exit stamps. If your passport does not meet these requirements, it is recommended to renew it before applying for a visa.
2. Completed Visa Application Form
As mentioned in Step 1, you must complete an online visa application form through the Turkish Electronic Visa Application System. Make sure to fill out all sections accurately and truthfully as any incorrect information can result in a rejection of your application.
3. Two Recent Passport-Size Photos
You will need two recent passport-size photos (not older than six months) with a white background for your visa application. The photos must be taken facing forward with a neutral facial expression and without wearing glasses or headwear unless worn consistently for religious purposes.
4. Flight Reservation and Hotel Booking Confirmation
To prove that you have planned accommodation during your trip to Turkey, you will need to provide flight reservation details as well as hotel booking confirmation.
Step 3: Submit Application and Pay Fees
Once you have completed the necessary preparations and gathered all the required documents, it is time to submit your application for a Turkey visa. This can be done through the online portal of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by visiting the Turkish embassy in Colombo.
If you choose to apply online, follow these steps:
1. Visit the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign and click on “Visa Information”.
2. Select “Sri Lanka” as your country of residence and then click on “Apply Now” under the category that applies to you.
3. Create an account by providing your email address and creating a password.
4. Fill out all the required information accurately and carefully. Make sure to double-check everything before submitting as any mistakes could lead to delays or rejection of your application.
5. Upload digital copies of all your supporting documents such as passport, passport-sized photograph, flight tickets, hotel reservations, bank statements etc.
6. Once you have completed filling out all the necessary information and uploaded your documents, proceed to pay the visa application fee using a valid credit or debit card. The fee may vary depending on your nationality so make sure to check beforehand.
7. After making payment, schedule an appointment at one of Turkey’s visa application centers in Sri Lanka for biometric data collection (fingerprints). You will receive an email confirmation with details about your appointment date and time.
Step 5: Receive Visa Decision and Collect Permit
Once you have submitted your visa application and completed the required steps, the next step is to patiently wait for a decision on your visa. The processing time for a Turkey visa from Sri Lanka can vary and typically takes around 10-15 business days. However, during peak seasons or busy periods, it may take longer. It is recommended to apply for your visa well in advance of your planned travel date to allow enough time for processing.
After the processing period, you will receive an email notification with the decision on your visa application. This could be either an approval or rejection of your visa request. If approved, congratulations! You are now one step closer to exploring the beautiful country of Turkey.
The email notification will also contain further instructions on how to collect your permit. Depending on which option you selected during the application process, there are two ways to collect your permit: in person or by mail.
If you chose to collect your permit in person at the Turkish Embassy in Colombo, you will need to bring along a printout of your e-visa and any supporting documents that were requested during the application process. These documents may include proof of accommodation, flight tickets, and travel insurance.
On the other hand, if you opted for mail delivery of your permit, make sure that you have provided a valid address where it can be delivered safely. It is important to note that once collected or received by mail, carefully check all details on your permit such as name spelling and validity dates to ensure they are
As you can see, obtaining a Turkey visa from Sri Lanka is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps. By following our step-by-step guide and being prepared with all the necessary documents, you can easily obtain your visa and embark on an exciting journey to Turkey. We hope this guide has been helpful and we wish you a wonderful trip to this beautiful country!